Skin Care in Three Easy Steps
Having clear skin, and a regular skin care regimen can greatly increase your complexion and the way you feel about yourself.
While models are known for their beautiful complexions, they usually don't explain the secret behind it.
Now you can understand and apply a three step process for better care and skin complexion!
There are three skincare steps for taking care of every skin type.
These three steps, cleansing, toning, and moisturizing,when used daily, will lead to a healthy, glowing complexion.
The first step in the skincare process is to cleanse your face.
Why You Should Cleanse Your Neck...
Using a cleanser daily will help remove deep down dirt and makeup while maintaining your skin's natural oils.
It is also important to remember to cleanse your neck because this is often one of the first area to show signs of aging.
Skin Care: How to Apply Cleanser
- Choose a cleanser that suits your skin type, and apply a dab of cleanser to your fingertips. Then use lukewarm water to make a rich lather.
- Using firm, but gentle circular motions, massage over your entire face.
- Next, use circular motions to apply cleanser to your neck.
- Last, rinse off all the cleanser with cool water. Dry your face with a clean washcloth.
|Skin Care: Choosing the Right Cleanser|
|For Sensitive Skin||It is best for you to use cleansers that are hypoallergenic.|
|For Dry Skin||Non perfumed soap, rich liquids, cream, or moisturizing cleansers will work best for your skin type.|
|For Normal Skin||For your skin type, it is best to use facial soap that is gentle, cleansers that are water-soluble, or cream cleansers.|
|For Combination or Oily Skin||To help control oil and treat breakouts, use medicated liquid cleansers, light lotions, and milk cleansers.|
The second step in the skin care process is to use toner. They help to refine and tighten the pores, as well as removing any remaining traces of cleanser.
After using toner, your skin should feel firm, revitalized, and refreshed.
|Skin Care: Choosing the Right Toner|
|For Sensitive Skin||For your skin type, it is best to use toners that are alcohol-free or hypoallergenic.|
|For Dry Skin||Rosewater, water, or mild toners that are alcohol-free will work best for your skin type.|
|For Normal Skin||For your skin type, it is best to use rosewater toners, or toners that may or may not contain alcohol.|
|For Combination or Oily Skin||It is best for you to use toners that are alcohol-based.|
Skin Care: How to Apply Toner
- Choose a toner that suits your skin type, and apply a little bit onto a cotton ball.
- Using gentle circular motions, apply toner to your face and neck. Make sure to avoid the lips and the area around the eyes.
- With a clean washcloth, pat your neck and face dry.
Moisturizing your face is the third and final step in the skincare process. All skin types should use moisturizer daily.
Moisturizers help restore moisture to help keep the skin well nourished and hydrated.
Benefits of Daily Moisturizing...
Moisturizers also help smooth the skin, which will help leave you with a more youthful skin appearance.
|Skin Care: Choosing the Right Moisturizer|
|For Sensitive Skin||Hypoallergenic creams that have added an sunscreen will work best for your skin type.|
|For Dry Skin||For your skin type, it is best to use protective cream moisturizers that have an added sunscreen.|
|For Normal Skin||For your skin type, it is best to use light lotions or creams that have an added sunscreen.|
|For Combination or Oily Skin||Use noncomedogenic (won't block pores) moisturizers that are very light and non-oily. Make sure they have an added sunscreen.|
Skin Care: How to Apply Moisturizer
- Choose a moisturizer that suits your skin type. Then put five drops of your moisturizer on your face: one on your chin, one on your forehead, one on your neck, and one on each of your cheeks.
- Using gentle circular motions, spread your moisturizer evenly all over your neck and face.
- If you are applying makeup afterward, wait at least five minutes, so that the moisturizer will have time to be absorbed into the skin.
Now on Twitter!
It's a great way to stay up to date with the newest news and what I'm doing! Stay in the fashion know-how!