Practice these Fingernail Health Procedures at Home
Routine fingernail health will help to keep your fingernails strong and healthy.
There are many different shades to choose from. You can pick a fingernail polish color to suit your mood, use french manicure colors, or just use your all-time favorite color.
Well groomed fingernails are an important feature to your overall model look.
Having good looking fingernails will make you feel better about your hands, and it'll make your hands feel better too!
Follow the fingernail care procedure below to help your fingernails become healthy.
The Fingernail Care Procedure
It is a good idea to develop good fingernail care habits to help keep your nails healthy and strong.
Having your hands and nails look their best will make you feel better about yourself, and you won't be so self-conscious about people seeing your fingernails!
- The first step in the fingernail health procedure is to remove your old nail polish (if any) with a cotton ball. Using a non-acetone nail polish remover is best because it will be less harsh for your nails.
- The second step is to file your nails so that they are all the same shape. It is best to file your nails from the edge to the center.
- Soak your hands in a bowl of warm soapy water for several minutes. This will soften your hands and prepare them for any work that needs to be done on your cuticles.
- If your cuticles are bothersome, use an orangewood stick to gently push them back.
- Rub hand moisturizer on your hands to help soften them.
- Now it's time to apply nail polish. Pick your favorite color, as well as a base coat and a top coat.
- Apply the base coat to your fingernails. After this has dried, apply two coats of your favorite color of nail polish to your fingers.
- Let your fingers dry, then apply a top coat.
The table lists the important fingernail health tools and equipent that can be involved when your're having a manicure being done (whether you are doing it yourself, or somebody else is doing it).
Using the right products for your fingernail health regimen will help keep your fingernails free of injuries.
|Fingernail Health Equipment|
|Circular Buffer||This device helps to smooth ridges on your fingernails.|
|Emery Board (Fingernail File)||This helps to smooth your nails.|
|Fingernail Clippers||Fingernail clippers help to cut nails in a curve.|
|Hindostone||This is a pumice stone in the shape of an orangewood stick.|
|Nailbrush||This is useful for helping get rid of dead skin cells, and also keeping the underneath of your fingernails clean.|
|Orangewood Stick||Use this wooden stick to help push back your cuticles.|
|Pumice Stone||This is useful for scrubbing calluses, as well as sloughing off dead skin.|
Give Yourself a French Manicure
The french manicure looks perfect in any situation because it's not too flashy, but shows that you take good care of your fingernails, and it also blends well with any style.
To give yourself a french manicure, you will need a bottle of white nail polish, a bottle of pale pink nail polish, and a bottle of top coat.
- Follow the fingernail health steps 1-5 above.
- Apply only one coat of white nail polish to each of the tips of your fingernails. Make sure you give your fingers plenty of time to dry.
- Now it's time to apply one coat of pale pink nail polish over the whole nail. Remember to let this dry as well.
- After your nail paint is dry, add a top coat to the whole nail. Let the whole thing dry so that you don't mess up your fingernails.
|Buffer and File|
Now on Twitter!
It's a great way to stay up to date with the newest news and what I'm doing! Stay in the fashion know-how!